Oh, Christmas tree!

Good morning lovelies! I was thinking yesterday that my home is really lacking Xmas decorations. We put up our tree last week but it's just not cutting it! So while I was in my newly remodeled bathroom waiting for my princess in training to do her business (tmi?), a light bulb went on in my head! I have been wanting those beautiful xmas trees everyone in blog land is making. There are some AMAZING trees out there! So, in keeping with my vow to use only what I have at home, I made this little baby:

Oh, Christmas tree!


With toilet paper :) hehe. I didn't have a foam cone in hand- and I wouldn't really want to pay $4 for one. What's the fun in that! So I made my own with cardstock. You can print a cone template here (no need to punch in holes) Just print, trace, cut, and tape the ends together.

The I took a TP square and grabbed it from the middle in pinched it like so:

Oh, Christmas tree!
Then you dab a bit of hot blue on the tip you are holding it from and glue to the bottom of your tree. You just work your way up from there. Make sure to put them close enough to cover the cone. The more you fit on there, the fluffier it will be!

Here it is sitting all white and fluffy.

Oh, Christmas tree!

Or, you can rub an ink pad all over it like I did and add color to it. I felt like it was missing something, so I made a star out of paper and covered it with red fabric and attached it to the top with hot glue.

Oh, Christmas tree!
You can do all kinds of stuff to this little tree...if you have spray glitter you can glam it up. Bling it up with fake little diamonds. Or make a cute little tiny garland to go around it. Whatever your little heart desires.
Total money spent on this project: $0
All you need is cardstock, one tp roll, and a hot glue gun.


No comments :

Post a Comment